Tech Meeting Minutes 20101104
Present: Graeme, Sam, Mark, David, Stuart, Mike, Peter
|Table of contents|
- Latest kernels fix all but the second RDS module vulnerability, but RDS is disabled on all sites.
- All systems patched.
- We think patched
- Will patch this weekend. ACTION.
- Substation problems caused two power cuts on Friday. Cluster was back up and running in the evening, but put into downtime until Monday.
- Knock-on effects on viglen disk servers (many PSUs died). Sam managed to get all the servers back running early in the week.
- Open ticket about WMS not renewing proxies, https://gus.fzk.de/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=63656. David investigating.
- Reviewed http://gstat-wlcg.cern.ch/apps/capacities/sites/. Glasgow still has a wrong total (15k should be 21k). This is entered manually into the information system (via YAIM, usually). ACTION: Mark to correct this and also publish per-VO shares at Glasgow (only for LHC + others).
- Peter asked where he could get info on site pledges. ACTION: Graeme to forward GridPP spreadsheets which give this. G will also forward WLCG MoU document.
- Glasgow will review the plan for a second CREAM CE, but will likely go ahead.
- Durham - keen to try CREAM but installation likely to be next year.
- Glasgow: next week.
- ECDF: TBD.
- Durham: After Glasgow and Edinburgh. Peter said they should be able to add a new VM to do the transition in a similar way to Gla & Ed.
- Durham not very happy with VM setup - unstable. Will discuss this topic at F2F meeting in January.
- Next meeting Thursday 11th November, 1100. http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=112750.