Things a new Admin needs to do
Stuff you need to do before you get your certificate.
- See HR and get a staff number/card
- Go to https://milngavie.cent.gla.ac.uk/cgi/usr/cred to register for your GUID
- Visit Ian Anthony (in Rm 238 of the Kelvin Building) to request University Email
- Visit Andy Pickford (in Rm 473 of the Kelvin Building) to get ppeid
- Generate SSH Keys and send to David with ppeid
Getting your certificate.
- Get Firefox and use for all things certificate related.
- Request an eScience Certificate from https://ca.grid-support.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pub/pki?cmd=basic_csr&CSR_PROFILE=PERSON
- Visit John Watt in NeSC (Rm ???) to be validated, remember to bring photo ID
- Get email and load certificate into Firefox
- BACKUP CERTIFICATE
Things to sign up to and register with after you get your certificate.
- Sign-up to:
- Mailing Lists:
- Conference Calls etc:
- EVO (http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/) Create and account and download Koala client
- Added to Skype ( Virtual Control Room and New Virtual Control Room)
- Meeting schedule: https://indico.cern.ch/categoryDisplay.py?categId=338